Life can be hard at times. We all relate to that reality in different ways. Problems with relationships, stress, and anxiety, feeling lonely or afraid, feeling depressed – these are just some of the many challenges we can experience. I became a counselor because I want to help people, especially those who need someone to listen and to show them how to deal with emotional pain. I desire to share ideas and tools so they can overcome their struggles and lead a happier, more fulfilling life.
I think what makes me unique as a counselor is my life experience, my education and the time I have spent counseling others. I have been happily married for many years. I have raised children, and I have been through a number of the transitions life brings.
My most substantial area of counseling is working with those who have struggled with fear, anxiety, social phobia (extreme shyness) and depression. Other specialties are bereavement, premarital counseling and marriage counseling.
- MS in Counseling Psychology, Palm Beach Atlantic University
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- Trained in Couple Communication
- Certified in Prepare-Enrich (marriage and premarital counseling)
- Worked in the crisis pregnancy field for many years
- Experienced in the adoption field
Areas of Specialization
- Social Phobia
- Anxiety and fears
- Life transitions (empty nest, divorce, career changes)
- Premarital counseling